Long Term Care Insurance in North Dakota
Your Long Term Care Overview
Plan for a successful future with Long Term Care protection.
A key to a bright future starts with careful financial planning to ensure you have the funds that will enable you to live life on your terms. In addition to your savings and investments, your financial plan should prepare you for whatever challenges life brings in the years ahead, including the potential need for long term care. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
What is Long Term Care?
Long term care insurance in North Dakota is the type of ongoing assistance and/or supervision you may need when you are unable to perform normal daily activities on your own, such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, or getting in and out of bed. The need for this type of insurance can arise from physical limitations or a cognitive impairment, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Who Needs Long Term Care Insurance?
Although you may require long term care at any point during your life as a result of an accident or illness, it is most often associated with aging. However, people are living longer now more than ever, and the longer you live, the greater the likelihood you’ll need long-term care.
(It is estimated that 70% of people over age 65 will require some period of ongoing assistance at some point in their lives.2 If you were to need care while you’re still young, the costs associated with care may impact your ability to pay your mortgage or your child’s college tuition.)
Where Is Long Term Care Received?
Long Term Care has evolved considerably over the past few years. Today, there are many options where you can receive care. Most long term care is unskilled in nature, so it’s easily received at home. But apart from that, long term care can also be received in adult day care, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and hospice facility.
Why Consider Long Term Care Insurance?
The need for sudden long term care can take a huge toll on your or your family’s finances that’s why it’s important to plan ahead of time with a reliable long term care insurance policy. With this type of insurance, you won’t have to spend your savings nor your income just to pay for the care you need. Apart from that, by having long term care insurance, you can have peace of mind in knowing that you and your loved ones can continue to meet your daily expenses without interruption. Here are some benefits you can enjoy with our long term insurance policy:
- A wide range of home health care benefits that allow you to receive care in a familiar setting for as long as possible
- Provides valuable resources, support, and advice
- Access to discounts on care provider services, to help maximize your benefit dollars
- Professional, compassionate support when you need it most
- Caregiver Support Services that provide caregiving and planning assistance should you ever be called on to care for a member of your family
- By having LTCi, it will allow you to receive care in your own home by a person of your choosing and it does not have to be a family member.
With North Dakota long term care insurance, you and your family can have more quality time in today’s busy world. Family members and friends may live far away or have other responsibilities that make it difficult for them to do as much as they might like. With LTC insurance, you may be less dependent on family members for financial or physical assistance. That way, the time you do spend together can be more rewarding and enjoyable.
1. National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 58, Number 21, June 28, 2010.
2. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information, accessed September 25, 2009.
3. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Clearinghouse for Long-Term Care Information, www.longtermcare.gov, 2010.
****All coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, see your policy for details****