Farmers Property Insurance in North Dakota
Farm and ranch Property Coverage by Farmers Union Insurance
Our farm and ranch insurance offer you exceptional peace of mind as it provides complete, cost-effective protection for most farm loss situations. You can customize your coverage to fit your specific needs.
Your North Dakota farm insurance policy from Farmers Union protects your farm operation from perils including fire and lightning, wind and hail, explosion, aircraft and vehicle damage, smoke damage, theft, vandalism, overturn, and collision.
Your farm dwelling is covered for glass breakage; damage from falling objects or the weight of snow and ice; collapse of a building or part of a building; frozen plumbing, heating and air conditioning; and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current.
Household Personal Property:
Your household personal home owned or used by an insured is insured while it is anywhere in the world.
Farm structures – additional dwellings, barns, buildings, sheds, structures, and permanent fixtures. We also cover materials and supplies on the premises to be used for construction or repair of insured buildings. Coverage from basic to replacement coverage is offered on an outbuilding.
Farm Machinery and Implements:
We cover farm machinery and implements, usual to the operation of your farm. The farm implements are covered while within the state of North Dakota or 100 miles into the bordering states.
Livestock and Grain:
Livestock is covered throughout North Dakota and within 100 miles outside its borders. Harvested crops stored on your farm can be covered; claims are paid on the market value at the time of loss.
Scheduled Farm Personal Property:
Covers tools, machinery, livestock, feed supplies, hay, seed and grain, and portable structures.
Ranch property and farmers insurance policy includes:
- Special limits for business property on and off the residence premises.
- $10,000 limit for borrowed farm machinery and implements. Higher limits are available.
- $250,000 limit for replacement of newly purchased farm machinery or implements – 30 days coverage.
- $10,000 limit for pollution cleanup and removal (on-premises name peril coverage only).
- 20% limit of Coverage A or Coverage F for buildings under construction – 60 days coverage.
- $1,000 limit for outdoor antennas.
- $2,000 limit for farm operation records.
- Additional operating expenses limited to 1% of the combined total of Coverage D and Coverage E.
Additional coverages are available, so see your local Farmers Union Agent and have them customize a farm and ranch insurance that will cover your operation.
****All coverage is subject to policy terms and conditions, see your policy for details****