Youth Education Specialist
Purpose of the Role:
This position provides educational strategic alignment, design and delivery of assigned programs and projects; along with providing assistance with educational curriculum and the youth education program. This position also provides camp management support to the Education Director.
- Contribute to the organization by determining needs, implement organizational strategies, goals and objectives to empower the grassroots process
- Assist with the design and delivery of youth education programs and projects
- Daily professional correspondence with parents, campers, youth award winners, volunteers, and other organizations
- Working closely with the Youth Education Coordinator on camp schedules and other youth related material
- Assist with the training and delivery of curriculum to youth members and volunteers
- Assist with presenting and promoting the youth education program and projects
- Assist with the recruitment of new campers and increase camp participation numbers on a yearly basis
- Assist with the recruitment and training of camp counselor personnel at James River and Heart Butte Camps and seasonal facility maintenance specialist and kitchen staff
- Assist with training county volunteers
- Assist with managing Heart Butte camp from late May to early August
- Maintain supportive working relationships within the organization, county volunteers and with outside sources
- Collaborate, organize, and strategize with the Education Director and Youth Education Coordinator
- Write and evaluate grant proposals for educational programs
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer and Digital Marketing Specialist on youth program marketing
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data and information
- Promote and educate on Farmers Union Insurance, including maintaining a strong relationship with agents
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in analyzing and developing educational programs
- Possess effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and provide project updates
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports
- Works with all skill types and levels of personnel and members
- Leadership principles, strategic planning, and resource allocation
- Interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Performance assessment and corrective action
- Ability to always exhibit exceptional customer service skills
- Bachelors degree in education, business or communications preferred. Willing to train the right individual with an Associates degree and experience.
- Some statewide travel throughout the year
- Expected travel from May through August during camping season
- Office position with some day, evening, and weekend work when necessary
Please email resume to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
North Dakota Farmers Union is seeking friendly and professional Part-Time Tour Guides to provide our guests with an exceptional experience while on our tours. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging travelers for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about the tour destination, history of our organization and answering any questions they may have. The successful candidate will also provide helpful tips on other attractions or restaurants in the area that are popular among tourists to help ensure our guests enjoy their stay.
Please email resume to Lisa at email@example.com
The Legislative Specialist works to enhance NDFUs efforts to influence policymaking as guided through the NDFU Policy & Action. This involves conducting research on current and emerging issues, evaluating the effects of proposed legislation, and coordinating communication of NDFUs advocacy efforts.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviewing Organizational Policy, State Legislation and Rulemaking
- Review and evaluates state and federal policies and legislation to determine the benefits and impact of any changes that may occur.
- Conduct research on new and emerging policy issues and economic trends. The Legislative Specialist works with the Legislative Committee and coordinates educational opportunities to inform the committee and membership on current issue areas.
- Stay abreast of developments and changes in government and budget processes. This is usually accomplished through conducting research, attending conferences, meetings and seminars, and traveling to program sites when necessary.
- Assist the Government Relations Director with drafting memos, regulatory comments, letters and correspondence with elected officials and state and federal agencies.
- Gathering and Synthesizing Data
- Work closely with the President, Government Relations Director, and Communications Director to gather and anlalyze pertinent data to support NDFUs policy positions.
- Synthesize data and create relevant charts and graphs for use in NDFUs communications with members and the public.
- Collaborate with fellow staff members and member leaders in order to achieve a common goal, helping set the priorities through member driven initiatives and providing them with data to support positions
- Communicating internally, externally, and with membership
- Act as a liaison between the Legislative Team and Communications Team to effectively share information about the policies that the grassroots membership has adopted.
- Coordinate the development of the biweekly legislative newsletter and assist Communications Team in developing social media posts and other communications relevant to legislative initiatives.
- Attend meetings with elected officials to help provide the information needed to emphasize the memberships position on legislative initiatives
- Advise on when issues need the help of other NDFU departments, and help convene meetings of those departments.
- Assist the Member Operations department on appropriate responses to current events and to encourage member engagement.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and writing skills required.
- Strong analytical and research skills. Working knowledge of economics preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, decision-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree in political science, public policy, public affairs, or related field and experience working with agriculture and/or public policy preferred.